Tuesday 14 February 2012

Stay Gold

Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.



"Heart of Gold", Neil Young


I've found what I like to call "Neil Young Synchronicity" in the air lately...

Just the other day I saw the image below with the Neil Young quote on Pamela Love's Tumblr site... I like the sentiment of his words...


http://pamelalovenyc.tumblr.com/post/15624062157/neil-young-is-one-of-my-all-time-heroes

Today, style.com featured reviews on the NY Fashion Week (Fall 2012)  parties. Fifteen year old fashion blogger, Tavi Gevinson, now has a new web site called "Rookie". Last night she sang Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" at the Standard East Village to launch a new short film project she is starring in, "Cadaver".
She is one talented lady. Here is the video of her live show:

More about Tavi:
Huffington Post - Tavi's new site "Rookie"

So on this St. Valentine's Day I wish you all well and to "Stay Gold" - a little S. E Hinton to get the evening started...
x


Neil Young image: Some Rights Reserved by myriorama

No comments:

Post a Comment