Monday 6 February 2012

Salute to the Unitard!


I’ve heard that it takes half the time of the whole relationship to make a full recovery. So if my records are correct, I should be over all of this in approximately 2 weeks. 

In retrospect I’ve had the best of months and the worst of months. It’s a bit like the whole of 2011 really…

I suffered a minor fracture of my skull at the beginning of 2011 and a major fracture in a relationship at the year’s end. However, the part in the middle was actually quite good… I liken it to fresh slices of tomato (with a little salt and pepper)... in-between two slices of stale bread.

On a lighter note, I have my American Apparel order hopefully arriving this week if all goes well with Australia Post. I admit to living in AA tanks and high-waisted jersey skirts. Call it fantasy, call it crazy, but it’s a great feeling dressing like you’re off to rehearsal in a drafty city studio. 

Yvonne Force Villareal*, a co-founder of the Art Production Fund, swears by a black unitard which she wears regularly (a great match with her black thick-framed reading glasses). I can imagine it may be little difficult to pull off a "onesy" on the run but AA stock some in their “Dancewear” line (yes, be still my heart they have a whole category designated to dance).


I am thinking that a unitard will be great to layer over this coming winter. So with my letterman jacket slung over my shoulder I will feel quite like an Ivy-League-dance-major swanning around the city. I’ve just read Jeffrey Eugenides’ “The Marriage Plot” which has sunken me further into Ivy League envy (a great novel – from semiotics and manic depression to Jane Austen and the Jesus Prayer all in a bountiful 406 pages).

Bring on next pay day for the next American Apparel instalment...

*Read more about Yvonne Force Villareal here: 


Image from www.americanapparel.net - Advertising; © 2012 American Apparel Inc. All Rights Reserved




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment