Monday 5 March 2012

Armed and Ready!

It's been a great long weekend.
1. I finished Jennifer Egan's "Look at Me" - a gripping novel that surges through themes of identity, ego and social networking. This book, and her Pulitzer Prize winning "A Visit from the Good Squad", are so evocative that after finishing them I almost feel like I've seen the (yet to be made) films.
2. I saw Bon Iver play under the stars at the Redhill Auditorium.  I must disclose that I hadn't heard of them before Saturday. I just managed to master how to say "Bon Iver" (bo-nee-vair) by the end of the night without sounding like a complete dag!
3. I now feel like I've truly entered the blogosphere with the purchase of a new camera... After much deliberation I chose an Olympus PEN EP-3. It's a dinky little thing and very vintage looking which I love. Watch out Perth - I'm armed and ready... now I just need something or someone to take photos of!
Feeling very inspired by Tereza from "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" - which I watched this afternoon - tempted to cut hair into short bob just like Juliette Binoche (but must remember weak chin).
"The Unbearable Lightness of Being", 1988



Have a great week. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment